We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor, the worlds largest travel site, inspires & empowers people to explore the world with confidence & share their trip experiences with others. The Data team, which includes Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Infrastructure, Data Platform, & Paid Marketing, creates the data ecosystem that allows the company to measure & evaluate overall business performance, apply machine learning models, & run & monitor paid marketing campaigns. We need a Technical Program Manager to lead in delivering complex cross-functional initiatives aligned toward our long-term, strategic technical & business objectives around Cloud Data Platform adoption in this highly visible, high impact role.
The most successful brands are always the ones that focus first on the needs of the customer which help them drive continuous growth & revenue. The cloud data platform data assets & derived insights are key to understanding those needs which span across the landscape of Tripadvisor. Investing in its foundational data architecture helps Tripadvisor become more customer-oriented & ultimately better able to lead in the travel sector.
This role is within our Technical Program Management practice, & you will help define & shape the overall function in an area thats the backbone to the organization. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the business & continually innovate with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, & timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals & coordinate various managers & technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously & make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones & deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved stakeholders within the program to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, & implement efficiency improvements.
- Draft, develop, & maintain all as-is documentation & guides pertaining to related project work.
- Analyze economics of project plans & provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit & return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve & implement beneficial changes.
- Ensure proper planning by reviewing project backlog & facilitate project milestone scoping with engineering teams
- Partner with engineering to investigate, deconstruct, & estimate (t-shirt size) large, unknown areas of work
- Communicate overall project status, including milestones, dependencies, & risks, in partnership with technical program management.
- Conduct project retrospective to surface improvements to maintain or improve project & sprint velocity.
- 7+ years technical project/program management experience in software engineering, data engineering, or related technical area navigating large scale, complex projects & dependencies among multiple engineering teams
- 4+ years experience working on projects with large datasets (petabyte scale & growing)
- Strong understanding of data structure & relational databases, APIs, & ETLs
- Ability to rapidly identify, communicate issues, & reach a resolution
- Ability to influence others & drive alignment among differing opinions
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, & problem solving
- Excellent verbal & written communication, & comfort communicating at all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership & a proactive team player, working quickly & accurately under pressure & time constraints with minimal supervision
- PMP certification a plus
- Emotional intelligence
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.