Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa User Experience is seeking a Sr. UX Designer with expert capabilities in user research & the design of engaging user experiences. The Sr. UX Designer will create & improve B2B & consumer facing web/mobile payment applications for Visa's Authorize.Net suite of products.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, & innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude & affinity for team collaboration & open communication. This individual is both highly analytical as well as highly creative, & consistently demonstrates superb design, writing & presentation skills. This individual fosters collaboration both inside & outside the team, evangelizes & promotes UX within the company, & can juggle several high-level projects while delivering A-level work on all of them. This individual is able to confidently justify research & design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology, or related field.
- Applicants must provide a link to their portfolio of work samples
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience Design and/or Research
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction or supervision
- Able to collaborate with business partners & build upon their vision using sound UX principles
- Passionate about making web & mobile applications easier to use & accessible to all users
- Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
- Understanding of design techniques & principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes & wireframes
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate concepts & recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences
- Thorough, methodical, & exhibits an extreme attention to detail
- Very strong verbal & written communication skills. Fluent in spoken & written English
- Strong problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance, expertly manages time & independently manages competing, simultaneous projects & deadlines
- Understanding of SDLC & the technical & business challenges that come with development of a product
- Proficiency designing & developing prototypes using Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, Axure, or other industry tools
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
- Visual/artistic design skills a plus
- Group facilitation & teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
Applicants must provide a link to their portfolio of work samples
- Design usable, accessible & engaging user experiences for the web & mobile based on research & best practices.
- Participate in discovery sessions & help create user journeys, user/task flows, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, & other UX artifacts as needed
- Translate UX research into design recommendations & UX requirements
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, developers, & business partners in a fast-paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 2% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.