At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The New York Area Market Operations Manager will be responsible for operations & lead Lyfts growth in the critical markets of New York City & State. This position will report to the Regional Director & champion the rider & driver experience in one of our largest, most complex, & strategic markets.
This role is for you if youre a collaborative problem solver who enjoys working at a fast pace, making strategic decisions, & doing so along-side a talented team - & of course, if youre ready to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation.
- Own the integration & adoption of Lyfts core products in market
- Develop the Market Operations strategy during each planning cycle with an eye towards innovation of initiatives
- Manage a team of 20+ full-time employees & contractors to achieve OKRs & thrive in personal development
- Work lock-step with the Regional Director, Local Analytics Manager, Driver Service, Policy & Compliance, Product, & other cross functional partners to execute local market strategy
- Project manage & coach others to project manage high-stakes initiatives such as operations at local airports, partnerships with local universities, municipalities & venues as well as various local products (Access Mode, Carseat Mode)
- Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure legal compliance, smooth feature launches, & comprehensive local user communications
- Build & maintain relationships with external partners to ensure Lyft is their partner of choice
- 5+ years of people management experience for full-time & hourly employees
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve lofty goals
- Proven impact-maker having set aggressive objectives & achieved them
- Demonstrated comfort in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Skilled in basic SQL & expertise with Google Sheets
- Insatiable Curiosity: Youre never satisfied with the status quo. You consistently look for opportunities to move faster, reduce spending, & increase return. Iteration is your game.
- Expert Communicator: Sending a meeting agenda prior to a sync & following up same day is second nature. You always have systems in place to ensure progress is being tracked, learnings documented, & stakeholders kept up to date.
- Manager Extraordinaire: Your former direct reports would work with you again in a heartbeat. You prioritize coaching, feedback, & development. You balance providing direction with space to explore. You delegate appropriately & your former teams have achieved tangible impact under your leadership.
- Experienced Partner Manager: You know how to frame value to a partner - internal or external. You exude professionalism & are able to quickly create rapport with a diverse audience.
- Team Player: Your co-workers enjoy being around you - youre optimistic, continuously share, & open-mindedly receive feedback. Thats not my job isnt a part of your lexicon.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.