WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The FinOps initiative inside box is expanding & this role will help build the data platform engineering features & capabilities of the cloud cost management platform.
In this role you will be working alongside our team connecting data sources, keeping the data current, building the primary user interfaces, & automating the ETL pipelines that power the insights being used to drive box cloud cost efficiencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with a team of high-performing data science & FinOps professionals to identify business opportunities, design & build scalable data solutions
- Build & own data pipelines that clean, transform, & aggregate data from disparate sources
- Create table definitions, file formats, compression techniques for structured & semi-structured data processes
- Build & operate enterprise grade data platforms expertise & managing complex data systems operations
- Influence across teams & other functions, build best practices across the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ Years of relevant industry or relevant academia experience working with large amounts of data
- Experience with SQL/Relational Databases
- Experience with GCP (BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow/Fusion )
- Understanding of Cloud Finance/Economics is a plus
- Experience with manipulating structured & unstructured data
- Background with at least one programming language, preferably in Python
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience working cross-functionally between Finance, Engineering, & Senior Management departments
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.