About the role
Chime is looking for an engineering leader to help manage & guide one of the technology groups responsible for powering our bank-account features, mobile applications, platforms, service architecture, & third-party integrations. This team is responsible for major components of new feature development & the scalability of Chimes infrastructure as we accelerate our growth.
This role cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Work closely with our engineering leaders to Identify bottlenecks in our existing software infrastructure & guide the team through a path forward to improve & scale it. Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, & security goals.
- Design, develop, test, & scale new & existing consumer product features.
- Build, lead & hire a high-calibre team of software engineers to solve these problems while being hands on. Encourage innovation & foster an environment of continuous improvement. Establish a sense of urgency & direction, set expectations with team & individuals.
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals. Work very closely with the Product Managers to launch solutions for the users.
- Contribute to overall engineering initiatives as a member of Chimes engineering leadership team.
- Use Ruby on Rails, MySQL - our tech stack
To thrive in this role, you have
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures.
- An experienced software engineer & an effective people manager.
- Interest in pushing the envelope to explore new technologies & architectures that can have a large return on investment.
- The desire to learn & dive into the deepest levels of how things work.
- The desire to make a huge difference at a growing start-up.
- The ability to motivate a team through delivery on aggressive schedules & goals.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, & Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.