KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior HR Business Partner, KATERRA East
The Senior HR Business Partner is responsible for providing leadership & support in functional areas of human resources including: performance management, employee and/or labor relations, compensation, employee development & other key projects. This person will serve as a strategic & tactical business partner to the KATERRA East team & will assist in the development & implementation of human resources policies, procedures or programs. This individual will be an ambassador of the KATERRA Cultural Principles & HR Promise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic HR business partner support to KATERRA East.
- Provide direction & guidance to leaders in the resolution of HR or employment-related issues or barriers impacting business performance.
- Administer performance management, compensation review programs & employment related policies & procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends & employment legislation in order to ensure organization's compliance.
- Work with the Health, Safety & Environmental team in support of the administration of Workers Compensation & coordination of workplace safety programs.
- Conduct training sessions related to supervisor training, cultural principles, safety, performance or other areas.
- Other HR related projects designed to support the department or business as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Masters Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Minimum of ten years in an HR role, including experience with strategy, employee relations & regulatory compliance.
- 10-15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the construction industry supporting a high growth, fast paced environment.
- Previous experience with strategic workforce planning.
- Demonstrate solid critical thinking skills & the ability to recognize trends to provide strategy & support of business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate & be an Ambassador to Katerras culture & ensure that it is engrained consistently in all locations.
- Ability to build relationships & communicate across all areas of the organization.
- Experience working in a variety of different HR disciplines while managing competing priorities.
- Solid understanding of employment law & employee relations as well as federal, state & local labor law, such as FLSA, ADA, FMLA.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.