KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior Estimator - Renovations
Coordinates with Sales & Production to assist in establishing a project scope & standard of construction projects. Same as Estimator II, but with more experience & proficiency in estimating abilities & ability to train others in every aspect of estimating. Prepares estimates for equipment, manpower cost of project & material required to accomplish each project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Walk, photograph & scope all types of construction projects
- Inspect buildings and/or jobsites to determine work needed per project
- Determine baseline for labor & material requirements
- Interpret & review plans & contract requirements in preparation for bidding process
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods & local code compliance
- Evaluate construction methods & determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- Coordinate with subcontractor base to determine labor costs
- Enter costs for labor including sub-contract & turn-key contract prices into Sage 100
- Coordinate with the Purchasing department on material costs
- Make sketches or read blueprints to detail work to be accomplished
- Enter estimates, takeoff & other related notes/information for each bid into Sage 100
- Prepare & submit budget estimates to Sales for review prior to submitting bids
- Enter & update progress tracking information into the tracking system
Required Skills & Experience
- Computer skills required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & Outlook)
- Computer skills preferred: Proficiency with Sage or similar construction management program
- Minimum: High School degree or equivalent
- Preferred: Four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred Certifications: 30 hour OSHA certification, PMI certification
- Preferred: Management experience of direct reports
Physical & Mental Abilities Required
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, climb stairs, use hands & arms, talk or hear, drive a car, & use basic office electronics (computer, telephone).
- Critical thinking, judgment, decision-making, follow-up, social awareness, mathematics, reading writing, organizational, timeliness, stress tolerance, communication (oral & written).
Work Environment & Travel
- Up to 15% of the job involves walking construction sites to inspect work progress, quality & safety compliance.
- Up to 85% of time spent on computer, reports, etc.
- Travel requirements vary according to client & project locations
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.