Were reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500sused Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program weve put Flexport in front of decision makers & influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, & the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now its time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. Were looking for a Marketing Editor with exceptional editorial skills who is passionate about helping craft meaningful & engaging content that puts our clients, prospects, partners & employees at its center.
If you think like a marketer & can shape content like a storyteller, this role is for you.The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial point of view & love coaching/mentoring writers. You should be comfortable working across teams to understand Flexports strategic priorities & offerings to find impactful ways to communicate our value props & differentiators across multiple channels.
This role sits within the Content Marketing team alongside writers, campaign strategists, product marketers & designers. You will be responsible for shaping content quality & consistency across all digital & print assets across a variety of formats & channels.
Above all, if you thrive at fast-growth startups, have a high bar for editorial excellence, & love digging in with cross-functional teams & subject matter experts, this role is for you.
- Apply your editing skills & digital proficiency to create best-in-class, measurable marketing content & collateral alongside the Content Marketing team.
- Edit & refine long-form & short-form copy for a diverse portfolio of channels, define copy standards & best practices, & apply data-driven insights to improve marketing content.
- Provide constructive, actionable copy feedback with efficiency & candor.
- Work closely with our writer, copywriter & social media manager, as well as partner with Comms, Demand Gen, & PMM to turn complex insights & industry expertise into accessible, actionable & relatable content for our marketing channels.
- Be a fierce advocate for our readers/audience & you will guide our writers in publishing high-value content that elevates our credibility & thought leadership.
- Translate complex concepts into concise messaging & compelling stories tailored to different audiences.
- Drive those audiences to take action within all aspects of our funnel strategy from brand awareness to purchase & advocacy with the right messaging.
- Drive editorial excellence & uphold standards & best practices to maintain consistent quality, voice, & style.
- Manage editorial priorities & execute on multiple projects/campaigns simultaneously.
- Ensure timely delivery of work under tight deadlines in an ever-changing global market.
- An exceptional editor, with a keen eye for clear, crisp copy. You know when to give your writing personality (and when to hold back).
- You are a creative storyteller that understands the power of words & knows how to tweak copy to further a brands point of view, while also driving business growth.
- You are comfortable providing constructive feedback to writers & have experience coaching content contributors.
- You know how to translate customer needs, pain points, & current challenges into engaging, high-quality content.
- Curious. Youre excited to learn about complex problems in a complex industry, & to tune that complexity to the frequency of your audience.
- Strategic. You think across the full spectrum of channels available & use all available data to inform & evolve your approach.
- Highly-organized. You bring a track record of completing multiple projects on time.
- An expert collaborator. You can roll up your sleeves to collaborate with stakeholders, & deliver on message & on brand content.
- Obsessed with the details & quality control. Sticklers welcome.
- A people person. You build relationships that lead to better stories.
You should have:
- A BA/BS or equivalent degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of content marketing experience ideally in B2B (SaaS/Tech/Fintech)or industry/trade publications.
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, & editing skills, as well as strong project & program management skills.
- A digital-first approach to content that eliminates complexity & jargon to help us focus on the key messages our audiences care about.
- A deep understanding of B2B marketing & how content drives buyer journeys.
- A strong understanding of SEO, inbound strategies, social media, & customer lifecycle marketing.
- Deep knowledge of grammar & style guides, & a perspective on when to bend the rules.
- Familiarity with customer-centric messaging, branding, user experience, & content promotion strategies.
- A diverse portfolio of work, including long-form & short-form writing & editing samples.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Dont worry, you wont need to become the worlds expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). Well look to you to apply your deep understanding of how experiences can help a brand stick & stand out in a complex - & sometimes, chaotic - industry.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
Its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.