Strategic Sales Associate
Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's & family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy & parenting. Mavens award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers & health plans to reduce costs & drive better health outcomes for both parents & children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women & families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group & Lux Capital.
Recent awards include:
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Maven is looking for a Strategic Sales Associate to work with our Sales & Growth teams to prospect & identify key decision-makers at target companies & establish successful, long lasting relationships from the ground up. The role of the Strategic Sales Associate is to provide support to the assigned Strategic Market Regional Vice President/s through the entire sales process, from the top of the funnel lead generation through procurement, contract execution & internal transition to Mavens Implementation & Client Success team members. The Strategic Sales Associate should be a self starter, eager to move forward within the Maven organization & will be directly responsible for bringing in new sales business leads. As the front lines to the sales process, the Strategic Sales Associate is a key driver of growth for the company.
As a Strategic Sales Associate at Maven, you will:
- Generate new business opportunities by finding & qualifying leads through cold phone calls, email, re-engaging existing contacts, research, & inbound leads from the website
- Work closely with Strategic Sales Directors to create meetings & accelerate deals. You will also be responsible in assisting RFP & RFI responses.
- Partner with the team lead to analyze the performance of campaigns & activity to optimize outreach efforts
- Become a Maven expert & be able to articulate our value proposition to anyone who asks (or who doesnt ask)
- Act as the subject matter expert on Mavens product offerings/solution development skills
- Manage & track your pipeline using our best in class CRM tools
- Help develop & implement strategic sales plans & stay current with client needs, competition, & industry trends
- Facilitate client requirements meetings both in person and/or remotely using current online presentation applications
- Develop market analysis to identify customer needs, target markets & competitive advantages
- Deliver sales presentations/proposals to prospective clients with a successful closing rate
- Develop a consultant/broker strategy within a defined geographic region
- Contribute to the process & play an active role in its execution. Monthly updates should be submitted to the CRO to demonstrate focus & progression in our largest revenue generating market segment.
Were looking for you to bring:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2-4 years experience as a Sales Development Representative, Strategic Sales Associate or similar role; experience in B2B technology sales a plus!
- Track record of achieving Sales Development Representative (SDR) quotas
- Highly motivated with strong sales skills including over the phone & interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up & presentation skills that engage audiences
- Experience with sales tools & software, including: Microsoft & Google office suite, Salesforce, Zoominfo & SalesLoft
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Passion to learn & grow in a startup environment
- Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, & communication is preferred
- Experience working with key stakeholders in healthcare: brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.