What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners, & curators who share, discover, & influence whats new, now, & next in music & audio.
The Music Marketing team helps amplify new music & build audiences for creators, working to bring the best new sounds to both longtime & soon-to-be fans.
You will be an integral part of SoundClouds Music Marketing team, working to enable a deeper, data-based understanding of the trends & dynamics that shape our marketing initiatives. You will study on & off-platform engagement, including curated playlist performance, to inform thinking across the team & impact our marketing campaigns, reporting best practices, & strategic roadmap.
- Track, report, & analyze key marketing & streaming performance metrics on a weekly & as-needed basis
- Act as a central expert by refining our music marketing analysis & reporting frameworks
- Contribute as an expert to strategic music marketing projects. Such contributions may include streaming analysis, identifying emerging artists to invest more deeply into, & establishing benchmarks for success across marketing campaigns & development initiatives.
- Independently run ad-hoc projects to analyze & understand the business implications of proposed decisions
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the organization
- Feel comfortable using SQL, and, ideally, Python, to access data when conducting analyses & building Data Studio dashboards
What you'll bring to the team:
- Degree in a quantitative or business-related field (strong academic track record preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience, ideally at a leading tech firm or within the streaming music field
- Exceptional analytical skills paired with excellent business judgment
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources with excellent SQL skills and, ideally, some knowledge of Python
- Experience with data warehouse infrastructure BigQuery & concepts necessary to transform big data into meaningful business information
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail paired with a hands-on approach; Ability to handle complex situations with clarity & confidence
- Strong resiliency & ambition to get things done in an often-changing market & competitive landscape
- Strong communication/presentation skills with confidence to present complex analysis to senior management
- Ability to build relationships & networks across multiple functions, regions, & at all levels of the organization
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical & business audiences
- Desire to consistently deliver excellent, thorough work