Location: Bedminster, NJ, Dallas, TX, Austin TX
Role: Claims Program Manager Casualty
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Claims
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide them with nothing less than the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasnt enough, its really just the beginning. Hippos true ambition lies in helping prevent people from having problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
In this light, as of September 1, 2020, Hippo & Spinnaker Insurance have joined forces to build a whole new type of insurance company forging a new path in the insurance industry.
Based in New Jersey, Spinnaker is a national property & casualty insurance company rated A- by A.M. Best Company; & is a wholly owned & independently operated subsidiary of Hippo Insurance. With the capability to offer admitted insurance products in 51 states & jurisdictions, Spinnaker utilizes program administrators (PAs) & managing general agents (MGAs) to access niche markets, focusing on personal lines, specialty lines, & fronted opportunities.
We are in search of a Claims Program Manager who will provide oversight on casualty claims handled by TPAs. You will ensure proactive & prompt management of claims, considering all aspects such as claim strategy, coverage analysis, reserve development, litigation management, & customer satisfaction. Day to day, you will work with internal stakeholders in support of the underwriting, finance, & other functions; & includes activities such as reporting on loss trends & large losses, reinsurance cash calls, & claims compliance with the ultimate goal of improving outcomes. And, you will work with external stakeholders to address questions, resolve problems, & maintain rapport. You may represent Spinnaker Insurance at customer meetings including program implementation & account stewardship meetings.
You are an experienced claims professional with proven industry expertise. You thrive on ownership of results, while influencing cross-functional stakeholders, & making data-driven decisions. You are self-motivated & directed, although the ability to collaborate is a must. You have a strong intellectual curiosity & a desire to help others solve problems. You are flexible & willing to do what is needed to get the job done. You have a natural inclination to work within a fast-paced & dynamic culture.
What You'll Do
- Provide claims program oversight to ensure accurate claim dispositions, customer service delivery, & best practice adherence.
- Responsible for a successful implementation & management of claims TPA for assigned programs.
- Demonstrate extensive expertise of operational service delivery management focused on service quality & claims excellence.
- Maintain & continuously strengthen in-depth understanding of claims coverage issues, regulatory requirements, & changing legal landscape for assigned lines of business & programs.
- Develop & evaluate internal metrics & analytics to track program claim trends & results to improve outcomes.
- Present high exposure claims to Leadership & Key Stakeholders.
- Delivers stewardships & interpretation of data analytics specific to assigned programs.
- Resolves all customer service issues to client's satisfaction & ensure proper service delivery.
- Work with external stakeholders to address questions, resolve problems, & maintain rapport.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in support of the underwriting, finance, & other functions. This includes activities such as reports (large loss, claim trends, reinsurance reporting, & others)
- Under limited to moderate supervision, this role is responsible for issuing timely & accurate notices, status reports & coordination of cash calls (or catastrophic notices) to reinsurers within departmental or contractual requirements.
- Bachelors degree (or more than 15 years of claims & management experience)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional claims or risk management experience in Casualty insurance including Liability, Personal Auto & Commercial Trucking in positions of increasing responsibility
- Knowledge of auto repair terminology & the ability to read & evaluate repair estimates, NADA value guides
- Strong experience managing large loss & complex casualty
- Experience handling litigated commercial bodily injury claims
- Experience working with TPAs & managing vendors
- Understanding of technical claims proficiency & execution of best claim practices.
- Understanding of insurance concepts such as contracts, policy forms, reinsurance, state regulation, & claims coverage
- Strong business acumen & ability to collaborate with other departments & stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in exercising independent decision-making, problem-solving, & negotiation competency
- Strong organizational & analytical skills with ability to conduct analysis on unstructured data
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Customer-service & relationship oriented
- Professional designations desired (CPCU, ARM, AIC, SCLA, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- Other repair-related materials is a plus
Compensation & Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, life insurance, long short-term disability, EAP & flexible spending.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs & up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers & 8 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fast-paced, close-knit, office located in Bedminster, NJ
Spinnaker is a wholly owned, but independently operated subsidiary of Hippo Insurance.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, & we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion.
Hippos applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippos People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.