Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Software Engineer would be a part of a high performance Business Intelligence & Analytics teamresponsible for developing high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology. The candidate would need to analyze, design, code & unit test core modules of the Visa Scorecard platformand work with a global team of developers, SMEs & architects.
As a key member of the delivery execution team, candidate would need to create scalable designs, write maintainable code, reusable components/services/utilities, & test cases. Qualifications include good organizational skills, strong analytical & problem solving skills, good time management skills, ability to work independently, & effectively communicate with team members. The candidate must be capable of working in all phases of the application system development life-cycle.
The successful candidate will become a recognized Subject Matter Expert within Visa, responsible for contributing to the development & implementation of Visa Scorecard Platform.
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise, Understand business domain, analyze requirements, evaluate options & participate in scoping & sizing activities.
- This role required strong collaboration & need to work closely with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional organization in an agile environment.
- Coordinate & participate in continuous integration activities, developing automation frameworks for testing & deployments, & other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Design & build applications for performance, scalability, availability, reliability, & security.
- Design, develop code, tests & maintain code for scorecard platformreleases
- Effectively participate in the technology proof-of-concepts & learn new technologies & frameworks
- Understand & enhance coding guidelines & participate in code review processes
- Create & maintain technical documentation.
- Provide assistance to other team members as needed. Facilitate knowledge transfer & cross training among team members.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline & 5+ years of software design & development experience.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the object oriented languages like Java, C#, .NET core.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts & Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience in workingin UI stack using advance Java Script frameworks like AngularJS, Reactjs, Backbone etc.
- Expert knowledge in one of the server-side web application framework & language like C#/.Net MVC, .NET Web API or Java/Spring, JS/Node.
- Experience in designing & building highly scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience building responsive Single Page Applications that consume REST services.
- Expert knowledge of Authentication & Authorization standards like OAuth, SAML
- Experience in relational Databases like SQL Server, data modeling, design, creating highly performant stored procedures.
- Experience with hadoop technologies like horton works is desired.
- Experience in working with CICD pipelines.
- Familiar with browser(s) architecture, rendering process, sandbox architecture
- Understanding of UX & the design techniques & principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, & HTML Prototypes.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques & practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation & Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Git & Docker.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills with a strong automation mindset.
- Good verbal, & written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs & technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
Conduct requirements gathering with business & developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform & security standards
Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
Identify opportunities for & contribute to improvements in standards, & processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
Working with on-shore & off-shore vendors, internal staff, & system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality & timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively & proactively with stakeholders & articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours & couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This positionrequiresthe incumbent to travel for work0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.