WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product managers! With millions of users & billions of files on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that completely transform the way that people work. We are a big enough company to have the ability to deliver market-shifting features in our platform. And just small enough that you can see a significant & meaningful impact from your efforts.
Boxs Data Platform owns the foundational building blocks that support everything we do for our customers including but not limited to:
- A petabyte-scale data lake that powers deep insights for both Box & our customers
- Cloud-based, big data processing capabilities that power messaging, content collaboration, & intelligence
- Data pipelines handling millions of events at scale, that enables real-time collaboration, notifications, & analytics
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Operate at both strategic & operational levels to create an impact
- Sit at the nexus of most of the product teams & experiences at Box
- Create a compelling roadmap for high-scale, big data platforms & data products to power a dramatically differentiated content management experience
- Deliver best-in-class data processing, messaging & machine learning capabilities that delight our internal development teams & enable a high-rate of innovation delivery
- Partner with cross-functional teams including architecture & program management to define a clear path to enabling & adopting our platforms & technical standards
- Support customer success & support teams in triaging & resolving customer escalations
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a creator, evangelist, & product manager, defining our story & laying out the infrastructure to power internal & external teams
- You have a track record of delivering cloud platform and/or data products at scale
- You have a technical background with experience in building highly scalable, extremely reliable services
- You love getting into the nitty-gritty details of technical infrastructure & solving for both customer value & cost
- You understand the business & the analytics/metrics that drive success for platform & SaaS products
- You have an innate curiosity & willingness to dive deep into product architecture
- Remote friendly
- 4+ years experience as a product manager or related position, where you've built & launched data-powered products with highly cross-functional teams
- Deep technical expertise & prior experience in building big data platforms or related products. Example technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS & GCP big data services
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, & any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity & independence of people with disabilities & is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process & an employees employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health & safety of all Boxers & our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, & or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote & do not "Go to Work, the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.