Were one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of Crains Best Places to work
- Were #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Closing Manager to join the team. This person will work closely with our Head of Closing to help manage production flow & pipeline management of our closing experts. We are looking for an organized leader who is comfortable working in the weeds while operating from a birds eye view. Someone who is driven by maintaining & improving successful workflows & hitting consistent metrics.
Beyond producing high-quality loans & managing priorities, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. To do this, we need you to wear many hats, ranging from a visionary redesigning the needlessly complex mortgage process; a data analyst uncovering how to make the most impact; to a problem solver working with highly skilled engineers & industry experts to resolve technical & operational challenges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of 8-10 closing experts with a focus on driving production, pipeline management and, process improvement
- Provide leadership & direction to high-performance closing team
- Actively track timeline & progress of Closing Expert onboarding & training
- Serve as the first line of defense to diffuse customer escalations to management
- Develop creative & innovative ways to improve team performance
- Manage & monitor overall performance metrics & pipeline management
- 3-5 years of direct closing experience
- 2+ years of direct closing or mortgage operations management experience
- Strong understanding of production flow & pipeline projections
- High empathy & customer-centric mindset
- Proven demonstrations of improvement & tangible results
- A proven leader & mentor
- Excellent communication & relationship-building skills
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems
- Highly adaptable & able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.