Boomr, a Justworks subsidiary, is seeking an experienced product designer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you will champion design & lead the design process on your cross-functional team of a Product Manager & Engineers to evolve our existing product suite, & innovate new features.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers needs. You are a versatile designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows & also dives into the interactions & visual details. You advocate sharing early & often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate pushes their clean design sense, is a seasoned systems-level thinker, & is constantly pushing to mold complex, dry experiences into simple, delightful ones.
Boomr is trusted by businesses across the country to manage their most valuable asset: employee time. Our mobile & web solutions enable workforces around the globe to operate with greater accountability & efficiency by monitoring & automating employee work hours, project tracking, & overall organizational performance.
Were data driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, interested in building something meaningful, & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- DefineCollaborate with product managers to identify & define product opportunities.
- CollectRun research sessions with customers & support teams to become expert in customer problems, needs, & mental models.
- AnalyzeFacilitate brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, & other departments to address the needs of our customers.
- DevelopDecipher complexity into delightful, user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, & visually refining designs.
- EvaluateSupport design decisions with intuition, data, testing internally, & leading user testing sessions with customers.
- ImplementCollaborate with engineers to refine all use cases, contribute to the design system, & ship quality products.
- IterateLeverage feedback, data, & your intuition to iterate on the designs.
- CollaborateWhile you will be on a cross-functional team, you will report to a product design manager & are expected to be vocal in design team reviews, share inspirational resources, & aid in brainstorms.
- ContributePush our internal design process & design system with consistency & efficiency in mind.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience designing web-based applications.
- You have a portfolio that shows us your process, a user-centered approach, & the results.
- Youre seasoned in designing web-based applications with a focus on tools or workflows.
- You're a problem solver & are able to communicate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You have a dedication for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, & usability heuristics.
- You know your work can always be better & seek feedback early & often from your coworkers & customers.
- You're humble, thoughtful, & genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- Youre a pro in design tools (like Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc).
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.