At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Team Description: Marketplace Strategic Account Management
Walmart.com is committed to creating a superior customer experience & marketplace sellers are an instrumental part of that strategy. Walmarts Marketplace team is focused on growing the business by acquiring, onboarding, & managing new brands & sellers with a seller-first approach.
The Strategic Account Management (SAM) Team is responsible for managing a book of business for Walmarts top Tier 1 sellers. They are responsible for hitting GMV goals by optimizing the business of existing sellers & driving growth of new strategic partners. This team will own the business front-to-back & will get exposure to all areas of the business, including: seller recruitment, onboarding, site merchandising, marketing, account management, & more. The SAM team will work collaboratively to deliver a best-in-class marketplace experience for our customers & cost-effective, sustainable businesses for our sellers.
Position Description: Strategic Account Manager
- Provide seller inputs to Sales Ops that will be used to craft financial targets for sellers
- Manage sellers performance to hit or exceed GMV plans
- Launch 3-4 new strategic sellers annually, coordinating all components of their onboarding, launch, & post-launch experience
- Serve as day to day business contact for 10-15 existing strategic sellers
- Pull weekly seller performance reports & run regular business reviews with sellers
- Support the SAM L0 lead in driving adoption of Walmarts suite of seller services to enable seller growth & success
- Partner closely with category teams & attend relevant meetings to ensure alignment
- Work collaboratively with cross-department partners to optimize sellers growth potential
- Bachelors degree is required
- 4-8 years of demonstrable experience in related field / client facing is preferred
- Strong presentation, communication, & relationship building skills
- Proven ability to multi-task & prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Highly analytical problem-solver
- Ability to encourage cross team collaboration & ways of working with an influential attitude
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail & comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Track record of delivering results & ability to demonstrate measurable results to KPIs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Be the customer/seller: You have a deep understanding of how to connect with & develop amazing experience for customers/partners