BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Tasty is a fun, accessible food brand within BuzzFeed, Inc that is also one of the largest digital food networks in the world, with over 1.7B monthly cross-platform views. As Tasty has continued to grow as a brand, we have invested in our products as a way to build a deeper relationship with our loyal community. Users turn to the Tasty app for inspiration to cook, often finding a sense of joy & delight. They can browse thousands of recipes that contain helpful instructional videos, use a simple step-by-step cooking mode, create cookbooks to organize their meal plans, browse & submit tips, engage with others, & even shop recipes right within the app in collaboration with our partnership with Walmart.
Tastys mission is to help people connect through food by making cooking fun & accessible. We believe that food inherently sparks human connection & we are building ways for that connection to grow.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead Tastys Food Commerce & Innovation Strategy. This is a new team that will be part of the larger Tasty Technology team & work very closely with our Technology Partnerships Team that helps manage our relationship with Walmart. Shoppable Recipes is an existing feature within the Tasty mobile application & website that allows users to shop recipes, customize their cart, & checkout for pick-up or delivery. You will be responsible for defining a strategy & roadmap to enhance the value of Shoppable Recipes, so that users want to shop recipes & groceries more frequently on the site & app. As Commerce evolves on Tasty, this may also expand across categories beyond recipes, in addition to proactively anticipating upcoming trends. This is a highly visible role that works with our partnerships, technology, & business teams in addition to external partners such as Walmart. You will report into, & collaborate closely with, the Product Lead for Tasty.
Tasty has a broader strategy of loyalty within the app, with a focus on community & social. We are building an exciting new future on Tasty, & this role will navigate & strengthen the relationship between commerce focused features & the existing Tasty strategy.
- Lead a small team focused on Commerce Innovation
- Create a strategy & roadmap for Commerce & Shoppable Recipes on the Tasty website & app with a goal to increase Gross Merchandise Value
- Collaborate closely with the Product Lead on Tasty, the Tech Partnerships team, the Strategic Partnerships team, & the Commerce Team to execute & iterate on this roadmap
- Collaborate closely with clients & their technology teams; scheduling meetings with clients & leading project discussions, troubleshooting issues, & providing status updates
- Understand the problems & goals of a shopping user & define a clear user journey for why & how they use Tasty Shoppable Recipes to fulfill their needs
- Work with design, data, & engineering partners on projects that directly address these user needs in order to increase their likelihood to purchase recipes & groceries from the Tasty app.
- Set goals & metrics for success, write product briefs, prioritize projects & requests, & consistently communicate progress & goals to both internal & external stakeholders
- Help define the future of Commerce Innovation on Tasty
- Hands-on experience: You have 2+ years of product management experience, ideally in a commerce related field
- Analytical: You have experience working with data or product analysts to define funnels, track conversion, & analyze data that helps inform product decisions, particularly important in this role that has a revenue focus
- Collaborative & communicative: You value collaboration with other disciplines, & are skilled at communicating clearly with internal & external business partners, product leaders, engineers, designers, product analysts & more
- Execution focused: You are able to skillfully navigate external & internal partners while executing on your defined roadmap, with an emphasis on outcomes
- User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems & use this to identify solutions to enhance & improve their experience, particularly to navigate multiple use cases within one product
- Experience working with clients & third party vendors a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.