Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as aBusiness Development Director - Strategic Initiatives & Cross-Border Payments, UK & Ireland.we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Director, Market Development Cross-border Payments will be a key member of the Visa UK & Ireland Market Development team, developing & implementing Visa's cross-border business initiatives in UK & Ireland to grow international payments. The individual will be responsible for strategic cross-border initiative development, program management & coordinating execution of Cross-Border (XB) activities in UK & Ireland, reporting to & supporting the UK& Ireland Head of Market Development & Delivery across a range of activities.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Be accountable for reaching assigned XB targets by identifying new opportunities & risks, developing & executing strategic initiatives to pursue these opportunities & pre-empt risks.
- Execute the UK&I cross border strategy in line with Global & European cross-border payments strategy (including in Travel, eCommerce, & Business to Business payments), collaborating with Visa's European & Global Cross-Border teams.
- Develop strategic cross border initiatives which change the trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships & generate tangible impact on Visa's XB performance.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., Sales, Merchants & Acquirers, FinTech, Product, Marketing) & work with banks, merchants & acquirers to implement the right activities & solutions that will grow international payments in Travel & eCommerce; also new payment flows (B2B, Remittances, Fintechs)
- Support Account Executives & functional peers in cultivating & managing the subsequent pipeline of activity & revenue opportunities. & feed new cross-border capabilities, collateral & programs into the Region.
- Help design strategies, focused on Drive & coordinate execution of multi-functional cross-border work streams, monitor performance against key strategic indicators, helping drive XB initiatives forward from focused, resourced plans to execution.
- Support Head of Market Development in developing clear & concise executive level communications (e.g. leadership XB MBRs, ELT updates).
- Support Head of market Development in guiding & alignment of functional leads on an ongoing basis, & help set them up for success for cluster priorities on XB
- In partnership with business leaders & external providers, assess market intelligence & insight needs across key corridors & act as an SME on XB Travel & eComm related trends & data sources
What we're after
- Proven business experience with a solid track-record of delivering high impact results working on driving market & client growth initiatives & new market/segment/business strategies
- Experience & in-depth knowledge of the payments business, landscape, trends & opportunities.
- Knowledge of consumer, eCommerce, digital & travel market trends in UK & globally.
- Highly developed relationship management skills with a strong business development orientation. Experience successfully selling initiatives to senior stakeholders based on insight & needs.
- Strong project management skills: ability to plan, prioritise, drive & track execution of cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders & external partners.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills to influence & build credibility with a wide range of external stakeholders & as a peer with functional & regional leaders within Visa. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic & flexible.
- Proactive & effective communicator. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions & debate & proven ability to influence & communicate effectively across functional lines.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.