We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work within our Studio Team. We are seeking a talented, hard working & motivated Stylist Assistant with meticulous attention to detail & a strong a sense of ownership & pride to their craft. Reporting to the Stylist Manager, the main focus for this position is on stills - styling on dress forms for RTW & on still life set for fashion accessories, shoes, fine jewelry & home accessories. Taking direction from our Fashion Director & our in-house stylist & production teams, this position will work to elevate & execute the fashion styling needs of the MO studio team. The ideal candidate will have strong time management skills, exceptional organizational sense & be eager to learn our styling techniques/aesthetic in order to bring Moda Operandi product to life. An obsessive attention to detail & awareness of the Moda Operandi brand a must.
The successful candidate will join a growing, dedicated Studio Team & have a real voice in the development & execution of the brands visual content. While working as part of the wider studio, he/she will appreciate being part of the Studio Team & enjoy facilitating the sharing & learning of new skills from this group of talented individuals.
- Responsible for preparation of merchandise prior to shoots
- Oversee handling of merchandise while in studios possession, ensuring it is received & returned in pristine, sellable condition
- Assist stylists on set as needed
- Maintain inventory & condition of steamers, mannequins, & other styling tools
- On-set photo shoot & fashion styling experience in a luxury environment a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing, e-commerce setting & respond to change with positive attitude; communicate effectively & collaborate well with team members a must
- Exceptional work ethic & organizational skills, along with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to resolve complex issues when relevant & communicate workflow status & concerns to studio team
- Professional, well spoken with strong communication skills
- Pro-active & able to show initiative & generate ideas to constantly improve the image quality of the site & studio processes
- Proficiency in PhotoShop, Microsoft Word, Pover Point
Communication & Influencing
- Demonstrates ability to build & foster productive working relationships with internal/external partners
- Communicates effectively & persuasively with cross-functional teams
- Team-player, with strong communication, motivational, & diplomatic skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as good listening skills
- Creative thinker with the confidence to share ideas with the team
- Understanding of the fashion & luxury goods industry
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, welcoming challenges
- Adapts to change with ease & composure
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.