Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sourcing & Procurement Manager to join our Business Operations team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
This role develops & manages end-to-end strategic sourcing categories while building trusted relationships across functions. Taking a leading role on high-priority supplier negotiations ensuring measurable impact on Oscars bottom line.
You will report into the Director of Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management.
- Conduct market research in support of RFPs & participate in competitive bidding (RFx)
- Capture content for contract management databases (termination, spend, compliance, unit pricing)
- Implement the review of cost saving opportunities with Executive Sponsors, Business Leads & Finance
- Complete contract negotiations (including contract drafting) with vendors & Legal
- Serve as first point of contact in the contract drafting process, in collaboration with Legal
- In collaboration with the business stakeholders, identify the business requirements to be included in contract documentation
- Facilitate escalation & dispute resolution activities with new & existing vendors (as necessary) & coordinate vendor IT integration & access deliverables
- Complete vendor terminations & assist with decommissioning efforts, as necessary
- Work with Business Leads to capture & review vendor SLAs
- Work directly with Business Leads on vendor SLA reporting & adherence; support any remediation efforts
- Develop & monitor spend reporting with Finance & Business Leads
- Support Executive Sponsor & Business Lead, as requested, on vendor communications including meetings, reports, QBR/MBR, etc.
- 5+ Years Sourcing & Procurement Experience in a Healthcare setting
- Demonstrated ability to build external relationships & hold stakeholders & partners accountable
- Demonstrated ability to generate cost savings & cost avoidance
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to understand, organize, communicate & present complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences
- Adaptable & efficient in a constantly evolving environment
Life at Oscar:
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.