1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture & fine art to jewelry & fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things & interact with top sellers from around the world & our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction & enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction including item inquiries, price negotiations, & customization requests. The Trade program at 1stDibs is our B2B offering, serving a global network of professional interior designers, architects, hospitality groups, & more with end-to-end services that help their businesses thrive.
The Trade business is looking for a Strategic Account Executive, EMEA to grow our partnerships with the worlds best interior design & architecture firms. In this role, you will develop & execute strategies to grow the number of Trade firms who do business with 1stDibs & retain & increase business from our active firms in EMEA regions.
You will be responsible for hitting quarterly quota requirements & overseeing a book of roughly 150 active accounts. As a strategic leader, you will also be tasked with driving buyer & GMV growth for the Trade business internationally, following the recent launches of our localized websites in French & German.
This role is perfect for someone with 5+ years of B2B sales experience who has an interest in design. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, who is adaptable to change, & who is comfortable in a high-growth environment ready to roll up your sleeves, jump in the trenches, & wear multiple hats when necessary.
What You Will Do
- You will work within a defined region with outsized growth opportunities to close sales, win new business, & reach sales goals
- Conduct regular in-person meetings to educate & incentivize clients on the benefits of reaching higher status tiers within our loyalty program
- Develop & execute sales strategies to drive GMV growth for an important & growing business segment, including management of the entire end-to-end sales process
- Grow & maintain relationships with key decision makers at interior design & architecture businesses across EMEA with a focus on the UK, France & Germany
- Advocate for customers internally, utilizing internal resources, to drive customer success
- Partner with cross-functional teams & stakeholders including Sales Operations, Marketing, Product & Client Support to support your sales strategies & tactics & measure progress
Who You Are
- Multilingual with fluency in English & French, including strong oral & written skills
- Passionate about being client-facing & representing the 1stDibs brand in market
- Strong presenter with experience getting buy-in from senior-level contacts within organizations
- Analytical & comfortable using data & insights to identify growth opportunities
- Has a proven track record of meeting & exceeding goals, managing new business, & maintaining existing client relationships
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of the 1stDibs competitive landscape internationally
- A passion for interior design, art, objects dart, decorative arts, or architecture & an ability to communicate with clients on these subjects
- Experience with CRM tools, Salesforce a plus
This role is based in London, UK, & reports to the Director of Trade Sales in New York
The role requires travel for client meetings as well as industry & partner events
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity & inclusion are embedded into our values, culture & the way we do business. Enabling access to & celebrating unique & diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting & retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, & fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued & heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform & brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, & the businesses they own, across the art & design industries.