The Total Rewards Specialist is a critical position on the People Operations team. Reporting to Director, People Operations, this role is lead for Compensation & all Rewards Programs at Index Exchange. Design ongoing total rewards strategy to support & sustain a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains & rewards.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres what youll be doing:
- Main point of contact for all global Benefits, Rewards & Disability programs
- Develop & maintain total rewards policies & procedures, in partnership with the People Operations Manager
- Responsible for Job Evaluation requests & Market Surveys in reviewing new positions & providing salary recommendations
- Track a variety of metrics related to compensation & benefits, monitoring the competitiveness of organization pay structure & benefits administration against similar employers & recommending adjustments as needed based on industry
- Assist with the development, preparation & distribution of Total Rewards communication materials
- Maintain all annual / Quarterly compensation & variable compensation cycles
- Provide training & support to enhance understanding of compensation & benefits programs,
- Manage HR Information, ensuring data accuracy, integrity & compliance with relevant policies & governance
- Participate in Retirement Committee in US & CAD
- Lead the benefits renewal cycles for each country, continuously monitoring for cost savings, operational efficiencies & improved employee experience.
- Consults with local brokers & advisers to review benefits plan design, market benchmarking, market rates, & global pooling arrangements.
- Participate in process & procedures improvement for the Total Rewards function & ensure documentation is updated regularly
- Analyze & make compensation & benefits recommendations using internal & external data, including industry trends, best practices, tax & legislative requirements
- Advanced analytic & problem-solving skills to prepare & maintain a variety of reports related to rewards, benefits & broader HR practices.
Heres what you have:
- Strong knowledge of theory, principles & practices of total rewards, compensation, pay structure design & development, short term / long term incentive programs.
- Knowledge of group benefits principles & experience with group benefits administration
- Excellent communication (oral & written), interpersonal Effective communication skills, both written & oral
- Ability to effectively problem solve & work autonomously, sometimes under pressure, to meet deadlines.
Heres what were looking for:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 3-5 years working in a Total Rewards function as an Analyst or Specialist
- Experience administering stock plans an asset
- Experience generating People Analytics dashboards
- Experience using Excel to analyze data sets quickly & accurately (i.e. basic formulas, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Experience with HRIS software such as Namely or similar an asset
- Experience in job analysis, job evaluation & organization design, & job evaluation
Nice to have:
- Public company experience
Heres why youll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.