At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Compute Team is responsible for the Kubernetes-based infrastructure platform that all Lyft engineers rely on to run workloads at scale. We also provide tooling for infrastructure engineers to interact with our multi-cluster services & collaborate with our deployment, networking, & observability teams on our Kubernetes abstractions.
As an engineer on the Compute Team, you will use & contribute to the Kubernetes open source ecosystem in order to deliver a reliable & efficient compute platform. You will be operating one of the largest self-managed Kubernetes multi-cluster deployments, which gives you & the team the opportunity to regularly talk about your work in the community & at conferences, such as KubeCon. Our team regularly gives back to the Kubernetes & open source community by developing new components and providing patches to upstream projects.
- Build & deploy open-source Kubernetes at scale, creating Lyft-specific systems & extensions to manage our fleet reliably
- Design, build & maintain tooling & services to improve efficiency & reliability of our Kubernetes platform & to enable users to confidently run their services on our infrastructure
- Work with product engineering teams to understand their use cases, communicate design trade-offs effectively, & design & build scalable systems to solve for their needs
- Debug complex problems between application layers & low-level infrastructure
- Build & develop partnerships across the organization to provide a great customer experience
- Drive incident responses to conclusion by coach the team on operational best practice & identifying long-term systemic fixes
- Develop & improve testing & automation processes in order to reduce operational burden
- Work with & contribute back to open source communities (e.g. Kubernetes, Envoy) to implement & maintain world-class infrastructure that scales
- You have experience building & operating Kubernetes & executing deployments at scale in production environments
- You have experience developing in Go or Python
- You understand the importance of effective testing in order to release reliable software
- You are comfortable with operating & debugging Linux systems in production
- You take pride in reducing technical debt; you pay attention to small details, & you value keeping code/configuration clean & maintainable
- You value root-causing operational issues across multiple layers of the stack & implementing systemic solutions to make sure issues do not reoccur
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.