At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an Associate Service Mechanic to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team. You will be responsible for supporting both day-to-day maintenance as well as key serviceability initiatives, & contributing to the overall operational excellence for the Lyft Bikes & Scooters Denver market.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Coordinate daily repair & maintenance operations, including diagnosis & repair of electro-mechanical issues, preventive maintenance procedures & routine field quality & safety inspections.
- Train & coordinate bike & scooter maintenance vendors.
- Maintain rideable service records using work order management system.
- Keep repair supplies & spare parts by inventorying stock & placing orders for additional items, as necessary.
- Monitor operational metrics to evaluate market performance & quality.
- Evaluate on-going operations & make process-improvement recommendations, as needed.
- Support operations teams as needed such as field driver work & warehouse support including but not limited to driving a sprinter van for deployment, pick up or rebalancing & physical tasks including moving, charging, & maintaining scooter
- Prior experience as a mechanic; hands-on electro-mechanic experience a plus.
- Aptitude for using tools commonly needed for repair of vehicles, bikes & scooters.
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment such as a service or distribution center
- Strong problem structuring & solving skills
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed, including nights, weekends, holidays & shift-based schedules.
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Have & maintain a satisfactory driving record & be insurable under Lyfts policy
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
The hourly rate for this position will vary based on geography & experience. In accordance with Colorado law, the base hourly rate for this role if filled within Colorado is $20-$24.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.