Nextdoor is the world's largest social network for the neighborhood, enabling truly local conversations that empower neighbors to build stronger & safer communities.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 250,000 neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community. The European team works closely together from our offices in Amsterdam, London, Paris & Berlin. We are a lean but powerful team, each of us with a diverse opinion & perspective, because thats what we seek out & respect in others. We work with many different cultures & languages & believe we can learn from this diversity. Nextdoor is on a mission to take online connections & turn them into real-life connections.
You will work in the vibrant shared offices in the city centre of Amsterdam & get inspired by other startups around us, join regular community events, listen to interesting guest speakers & enjoy excellent coffee
The Impact Youll Make
As the Communications Manager for the Netherlands you will work closely together with the Community & Partnerships lead as well as with our support & growth teams to help Nextdoor grow in the Netherlands. You will lead our communications & PR strategy & implementation. Thereby you will contribute to the success in the early scale-up stages & international expansion of a top tier San Francisco based tech company. You should be excited to bring your experience & expertise every day in order to:
- Drive member growth, engagement, our brand & reputation, through compelling PR programs & member communications
- Cultivate & maintain deep relationships with business press, consumer media, key industry opinion leaders & external stakeholders.
- Craft & communicate authentic & compelling stories around neighbors meeting & helping each other, as well as Nextdoors momentum & impact
- Connect with Nextdoor members to surface for press-relevant stories
- Continuously improve our communications with our members & community leads
- Identify potential partnerships that drive membership growth & engagement or improve our favorability & reputation
- Identify & develop policy opportunities, establish relationships with key opinion formers
- Generating & adapting website, app, print, social media, & email content that reflects our brand positioning & communication objectives
- Support with positioning & messaging by providing cultural insights & conducting quick user research
What Youll Bring to The House
- 5-10 years experience in strategic public relations roles
- College graduate who has completed a degree in Journalism, Communications, Dutch, Marketing, or an equivalent degree
- Proven track record of strategic communications & PR achievements, in-depth knowledge of the Dutch media landscape & established media connections
- The spokesperson skills to ignite passion & serve as the companys representative at events & with media
- User-focussed & with a keen understanding & appreciation of Dutch communities
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Native Dutch & excellent English proficiency
- Social media proficient
- Basic design skills is a plus
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask & work well with team members in a fast-paced international environment
- Passion for Nextdoors product & mission