Staff Product Designer, Mobile App
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
Were looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our Mobile team within the Presence organization. In this role, you will lead the vision & strategy of our mobile application, which is a combination of our CMS, Commerce, & Analytics products. We have a bold vision to create the best mobile companion to monitor, maintain, & grow our customers online presence & business.
You will report to the Senior Product Design Manager, Presence.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead the product design of our Mobile app on iOS & Android by delivering world-class solutions that serve our customers current & future needs
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working closely with PM & Engineering partners.
- Define problems, identify insights, & measure solutions through deep collaboration with Research & Product Analytics
- Collaborate closely with other designers & Content Strategy on evolving solutions
- Contribute to thought leadership as a senior member of the design team by providing feedback, direction, & support
- Provide mentorship & coaching to junior members of the team
- This role has the potential to manage a small team
- 8+ years of experience with strong examples of shipping native mobile & mobile web products
- Experience driving mobile strategy & mobile-first thinking with a strong perspective on complementary desktop/mobile experiences
- Strong technical & usability knowledge of mobile considerations for iOS & Android
- Systems thinker with experience operating within & contributing to a design system
- Able to build strong cross-functional partnerships & successful executive stakeholder management
- Strong storytelling & presentation skills
- A discerning eye for world-class visual design craftsmanship
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.