ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, & entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win every day and create experiences they cant wait to share with their friends.
Were not just a company, were a collective. And were not just coworkers, were a community. Were an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, & rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, & we believe that diversity & inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, weve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, & passion for our own people. With a company thats as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel Group is a great place to develop yourself & your career.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Principal Infrastructure Engineer focused on design & implement enterprise infrastructure for FanDuel. They ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels & support the development of new technologies & system requirements. Principal Infrastructure Engineer generally provides expert level knowledge to a team & report directly to top management.
You, as a successful & talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. A qualified candidate will provide strong team leadership while developing & managing business processes & workflow, standardizing documentation, & improving project reporting. As a technology leader you will be responsible for the design, definition, implementation, observation, & support of database, architectures & environments. You will need excellent skills & knowledge in this growing organization, pushing constantly for the highest performance & continuous improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Principal Infrastructure Architect, you will:
- Architect, supervise & participate in the implementation of technologies & platforms
- Troubleshoot & remediate 4th level issues impacting the operation of the infrastructure
- Assist with planning & implementing systems & network integrations
- Document the design, operation & troubleshooting of technology platforms & procedures.
- Install, configure, test & maintain operating systems, application software & system management tools
- Head & keep a close watch on all installed systems & infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems & infrastructure availability
- Formulate & affirm custom scripts to increase system efficiency & lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Watch & trial application performance for potential bottlenecks, recognize possible solutions, & function with developers to carry out those fixes
- Take a role in the design of information & operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors & other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Retain redundancy strategies, backup, & security
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence & quality partner care.
- You work autonomously actively driving solutions, projects, & identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- A high degree of focus on quality to build resilient, scalable, & maintainable systems.
- You make decisions based on data & exercise judgment to balance risks & rewards.
- Lead partnerships with internal teams & external business partners.
- Willingness to mentor early career staff, contributing to their development technically & professionally.
- A clear focus on staying up to date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with the network industry, & a desire to remain hands-on.
- Demonstrated thought leadership & customer engagement skills.
- Collects & researches data; Uses intuition & experience to complement data; Designs workflows & procedures.
- Identifies & resolves problems in an efficient manner; Collect & analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Experience or education suited to this role.
- This position requires a candidate with proven working experience in installing, configuring & troubleshooting various operating systems
- Applicants should have experience with virtualization & containerization
- Experience with monitoring systems is required for success at this position
- If you're looking for job openings & have solid networking knowledge, you might be a good fit for this position
- If you're looking for job openings & have solid experience in the administration & performance tuning of application stacks, you might be a good fit for this position
- VMware experience
- vCenter experience highly desired
- Redhat experience
- AWS or AWS Outpost experience a plus.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.