WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
Hitched is the UKs leading digital wedding business providing an end-to-end service of inspiration, planning tools & a wedding vendor marketplace that couples use to arrange their perfect wedding. The central operating model of the business is a highly successful subscription marketplace that connects couples with wedding venues & suppliers. Now in its 24th year, Hitched was acquired in January 2020 by The Knot Worldwide.
The UK is a priority market for growth & the business has received substantial investment since being acquired which has improved the product significantly across desktop & mobile devices. We are seeking an Editor to develop & deliver a new editorial vision for the UKs leading digital wedding brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Were looking for a new Editor at Hitched to develop & deliver a bold editorial vision for the UKs leading digital wedding website.
Now in its 24th year, Hitched has long been the leading wedding planning website reaching 2m monthly unique users per month. We are looking for an Editor to take the brand on the next stage of its journey as we look to deepen our engagement with couples, embrace new content formats & support our growth strategy.
With a background in weddings or lifestyle editorial, youll be tasked with leading the editorial team to create innovative, informative & inspiring content & user experiences relevant to every stage of the wedding planning journey & beyond.
Key objectives include increasing awareness & traffic among a pre-engaged & engaged audience with a strong SEO strategy, encouraging users to interact & transact in our wedding vendor marketplaces & driving affiliate revenue.
Thought leadership is key to this role - the authority on all things weddings, you will tap into what our audience are thinking & feeling & package that to tell new & unique stories. An advocate for Hitched internally & externally, you will promote the brand through media & public appearances through work with our PR team & at events.
- Motivate & lead the Hitched editorial team
- Create & execute our editorial content strategy that improves the brands reach among consumers, increases traffic & encourages transactions both on page & within our marketplace
- Work alongside the Social Media Editor to develop & execute our social media strategy
- Work closely with the Marketing team to broaden our brand awareness & deepen engagement with consumers
- Report on content performance, monitoring traffic, SEO position ranking & conversion metrics that help our team gain insight & apply learnings to future content strategy
- Collaborate with fellow global digital editors & marketers to create on brand stories & packages across platforms
- Work alongside commercial teams to commission & deliver content for key commercial partnerships
- Manage freelancers & budgets
- Work closely with our PR agency to manage the brands reputation & drive coverage
SUCCESSFUL EDITOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A proven Editor or Deputy Editor, you will have at least 3 years experience in commissioning & editing digital content
- Exceptional writing skills; 5 years professional experience writing for an online brand or digital publication & using a CMS
- Demonstrable experience of using data & insight to drive editorial strategy, audience development & conversions
- Strong expertise in SEO & analytics
- Eye for catching early trends + always-in-the-know mind-set
- Good communication skills & ability to work across markets (and time zones) is important & speed & accuracy in reporting are a must
- Exceptional organisation & time management skills
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.