Scale matters. When it comes to our video platform, scale means ingesting tens of thousands of hours of video a day & serving thousands of videos every second.
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our rapidly growing Platform Interfaces team at our New York City headquarters. Our team is responsible for the asset & media management platform, manages over 40,000 video uploads a day, builds & maintains comprehensive customer-facing Dashboards & APIs, & maintains all associated account services. We also make the time to contribute to open-source projects that enable those around us & the community-at-large. This engineer will be uniquely situated to work across the entire organization, manage highly impactful projects, & help shape the future of JW Player.
The right candidate will work collaboratively with the Platform Interfaces team to build user-centric interfaces & APIs that are used daily by thousands of Publishers & Broadcasters around the world. This means designing the processes & building the APIs, UIs, infrastructure, pipelines, testing, monitoring, & all other tooling necessary to ship code frequently.
As a member of the Platform Interfaces team, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture of a holistic service layer that incorporates hardware resource allocation & dynamic system design.
- Build features which serve customer-driven product goals
- Code as part of a highly technical team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Prototype new ideas & explore new solutions to automate the mundane while supporting & mentoring the more junior engineers on the team.
You have the skills to be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of Full-Stack software development & engineering experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or experience equivalent
- Comprehensive experience in building & maintaining modular components in a Modern UI framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing & monitoring
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture & datastores such as Aurora MySQL & Elasticsearch
It is a plus if you have:
- Experience in software security & compliance engineering
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in project management
- Experience doing test-driven development (TDD) and/or behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Experience with web video
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visithttp://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.