The 5 Characters of Product Management (and How to Hire for Them)|
Product managers are one of the toughest roles to define & hire for, in part because depending on the company & the project, they perform a wide variety of activities. It can be helpful to think of the role as five characters the Explorer, the Analyst, the Planner, the Advocate, & the Field Trip Chaperone.
In this talk, Jason Shen will cover:
- What each of the five characters does & why it is important
- Examples of that character in action
- Specific techniques to identify candidates who could embody this character
- How these five characters can help your organization work better with product managers
Meet the Speaker: Jason Shen
Jason Shen is the CEO of Headlight, a product that helps employers screen candidates for technical ability with take-home assignments. He was previously a product manager at Etsy, a Presidential Innovation Fellow under the Obama administration, & the co-founder of Y Combinator backed startup called Ridejoy. Jason's writing has been published in Fast Company & Quartz. He holds two degrees from Stanford University.
View the Speaker's LinkedIn
- Tickets sales at the door are from 6:00 - 6:30 PM (if any are still available)
- No refunds unless we have fully canceled the event. Date changes are not included.
- For additional info or questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For last minute questions, send a text to: (646) 679-7377