How would you like to solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare? Ready to immerse yourself in the tech that helps more people find doctors and gives them better access to their healthcare? Join Zocdoc’s Patient Engineering Team!
Zocdoc is seeking an experienced front-end engineer to help us build out our front-end technology infrastructure and continue to push the boundaries of usability and delight with our products. We believe that patients and doctors deserve top-tier, 21st century technology that enhances, not diminishes, the healthcare experience.
As a Senior Front End Engineer on the Patient Team, you’ll be directly responsible for helping to grow Zocdoc’s reach, driving increased patient conversions, and helping to provide a better health care experience to millions of people. We are truly passionate about being the Digital Center of Care and it begins with providing the best experience for patients!
What you’ll do:
• Help develop Zocdoc’s next-gen search platform and revolutionize the way patients find doctors
• Work with a talented team of front-end and full-stack engineers to build frameworks, features, and new technology capabilities
• Maintain close collaboration with the Design team to keep our design system in sync with our living component library
• Ship real code to millions of users autonomously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization
• Learn from some of the industry’s brightest and mentor other engineers
• 5+ years of experience doing front-end development
• A track record of successfully shipping code for a consumer-facing product, including layout, styling, and front-end functionality (we’ll want to see your work!)
• Experience working with a programmatic brand style guide/component library, with React, Angular, or other front-end frameworks
• Experience with web development IDEs and a source code management system
• Curiosity and vision. You have a passion for technology and can think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software
• Technical chops. You have designed and implemented fast and efficient software solutions using object-oriented languages, leveraging relational/non-relational database technology
• Computer Science or related degree preferred
What you’ll get:
• A home at our award-winning NYC workplace
• Stock options and 100% employer-covered health insurance.
• Catered lunch every day in our sunlit SoHo office
• An incredible team of smart and supportive people.
• The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!