About the Team
At Harrys, the consumer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs & motivations of guys is key to driving our business strategy & our Consumer Insights team is at the center of making that happen. We continuously tap our customers & consumers to understand what were doing well, where we can make improvements, & what they want to see from Harrys in the future.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative, curious, & analytical insights expert who quickly translates business needs into approaches for learning that keep us on the leading edge of mens grooming. As a Manager of Insights, you will represent the voice of our consumers & customers to inform business decisions & unlock significant growth for our brand. You will be the expert on category consumers & the competitive market to identify & answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust & reliable custom research.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harrys customer & their omni-channel purchase journey, loyalty drivers & barriers
- Uncover robust consumer & category insights to inspire motivating communications, meaningful innovation, & a positive brand experience
- Represent the voice of the consumer on a cross-functional team responsible for defining & executing a category growth strategy
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap; design & independently execute a full plan comprised of DIY primary market research & syndicated analyses that deliver timely results to inform category decisions
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams, senior management, & external partners by distilling results to essential learning & actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Help enhance our insights capabilities to strengthen the breadth & depth of insights for an ever-stronger understanding of our guy
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning & uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd & 4th order questions
- Passionate about consumers & customers You champion a consumer first mindset that strengthens our understanding of the category, consumers, & the omni-channel customer journey
- Crafty & creative You look for creative solutions & arent afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives & timelines & build research approaches to suit. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or occasionally working with external partners when required
- Skilled data storyteller You are comfortable analyzing & weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, & publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Unwaveringly objective You represent the voice of the customer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to ingoing hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of uncovering insights that unlock opportunities to enhance the customer experience & expand our base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative & able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal & informal influence
- 3-5 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods. DTC brand experience is a plus.
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative tools, moderating qualitative research, working with large databases, & conducting analytics to garner learning from raw data
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Sr. Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to the Marketing, Retail & Direct-to-Consumer teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights & U.S. brand teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.