WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer to join the Planning & Guest zone at The Knot. From checklists to guest lists to wedding websites, we build products & tools that guide couples through every stage of their wedding planning journey, & help couples communicate that plan to their guests. We partner across disciplines with product owners, engineers, writers, researchers, & others to understand our users, define opportunities, & set the strategic vision for our experiences. Within the product design org, we work collaboratively across teams to evolve & polish our design system & create cohesive experiences within our large ecosystem of products.
This role will be based out of our New York City location.
Be a great product designer
- Know & love our users, understand their pain points, listen to their feedback, walk in their shoes, be their champions.
- Create thoughtful, user-centric experiences & high-quality solutions that simplify complex problems.
- Design visually elegant interfaces that are easy to use across platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams, from product & engineering to user research & writing, to define & solve user problems together.
- Effectively present to & discuss solutions with stakeholders.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to a cohesive user experience via the growth of our design system.
- Participate in design team reviews & critiques.
- Maintain flexibility & receive constructive criticism with ease.
- Keep growing your skills & staying curious.
Be a great product squad partner
- Take initiative, & be a valued partner in an autonomous, full-stack product team.
- Collaborate, ideate, & iterate with your product team.
- Advocate for the user, for strong experiences & for high-quality design.
- Consider the nuances, challenges, & opportunities of different device types, screen sizes, & platforms.
- Work with software development teams to meet technical requirements.
SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 1-2 years of experience as a full-stack product designer, with work ranging from strategic ideation & problem-solving to wireframes, prototypes, & polished designs.
- A bachelors or masters degree in Product Design, UX Design, or a related field (or equivalent bootcamp or proven field experience).
- A stunning online portfolio that showcases thoughtful work & sophisticated design solutions for digital products, from web to apps.
- A creative & strategic mindset, with strong critical-thinking skills.
- A sharp attention to detail, & an understanding for how to integrate a brand into an experience.
- Experience defining patterns & style guides, performing user testing, & building low to high fidelity prototypes.
- Proficiency in Figma, Miro, & usertesting.com (or similar programs).
- An appreciation for how language can simplify, clarify, & bring life to an experience.
- An understanding of software development & how to best collaborate with engineers.
- A passion for research, with an understanding of how to balance qualitative feedback quantitative data, & empathy to drive innovative, user-centric solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.