The Content Strategy Director will provide leadership & guidance on content strategy efforts across multiple project teams to achieve client business goals through maximizing the commercial impact of content. As the most senior content strategy representative, the director is responsible for the overall quality of content strategy work in the business unit.
The director will be called upon to lead content strategy efforts on more complex & challenging projects providing strategic direction & process implementation on variety of digital experience development projects. Directors will work closely with clients to determine the content effort for projects, ensuring necessary content is sourced or generated. A professional communicator capable of grasping communication challenges & devising editorial solutions, the director has a well-rounded knowledge of digital, as well as thorough familiarity with leading trends in usability, search engine optimization & content marketing.
As a usability expert, the strategist will be deeply involved in the content development & distribution process from outset to completion.
- Ensure overall quality of content strategy work on all projects & accounts.
- Building strategies for developing, implementing & managing compelling & well-organized content based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs & industry best practices
- Analyzing & assessing clients digital content
- Developing distribution plans for positioning content across multiple channels to drive desired business results
- Drafting content publication & migration workflows, content models & governance plans
- Producing all content strategy deliverables including content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, style guides & page tables
- Producing content classification & tagging systems
- Collaborating with Creative Team members to determine the conceptual & copy direction of online initiatives, including setting guidelines for the editorial tone, style, & voice of all content
- Collaborating on site navigation & content organization
- Working with client to enhance, edit & reformat legacy & newly created content
- Developing & sharing expertise on client products & services
- Collaborating on content & site navigation labels
- Interacting with project teams to understand business objectives & audience demographics
- Developing content indexes & mapping documentation for the new experience
- Articulating the value of content strategy to existing & new clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process
- Background in researching, writing & some project management
- Minimum 6 years of Marketing/Communications experience in a Web-focused company or agency
- Understanding of content management systems & strategies
- Experience in developing SEO strategies
- Ability to clearly & concisely communicate complex or demanding subject matter, either verbally or in written form