Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data, & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
As the Director of Business Analytics in the Business Intelligence team at DV, you will be a part of a new, growing group that will be responsible for developing a data platform to support self service analytics & driving a data driven mindset across the organization.
Initially being hands on, getting your hands dirty, getting some wins under our belt. Allowing you time to understand the business & design a team structure & hire talented individuals that will be the core of a best in class, consultancy like team that focuses on producing, surfacing, & actioning data driven insights so that the organization can go faster & grow faster, building strong partnerships that allow us to present a positive ROI on our work & demonstrate how our work produces business results.
This role will allow for personal growth & challenges that will help you develop your skills, as we grow & evolve, you will grow & evolve.
What youll do
- Discover strategic opportunities mining our data that will help us go faster & grow faster. Using analytical techniques to back up your thoughts & demonstrate having a data driven approach.
- Be a Data Storyteller, simplify the complex, tailor to your audience, uncovering insights & advise on the actions to move us forward.
- Be a Data Ambassador preaching the importance of clean well governed data & be a voice in our BI data governance strategy
- Shape the way we leverage KPIs to measure effectiveness in our organization & constantly iterate on critical metrics to ensure we are adapting to business needs.
- Design new analytical tools / processes that enable teams to go faster.
- Partner cross functionally within Product, Engineering, Sales, Finance & others. Prioritizing the tasks & communicating effectively in developing strong partnerships.
- Mentor & grow members of your team. Being a thought leader & someone that enjoys developing individuals.
- Support data engineering teams with guidance on data models, development of enhanced metrics & testing.
- Innovate thinking outside of the box, think of ways we can use data to make us go faster & grow faster.
Who you are
- Love what you do! & are passionate about data & using it to make better business decisions.
- Data curious, a love for problem solving & developing solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in Strategy, Analytics, Business Intelligence and/or Consulting.
- You are a rockstar with SQL, Python & do not fear getting your hands dirty with data!
- A storyteller, you can simplify the complex & make clear our methods & recommendations. With strong relationship management & communication skills.
- Experience putting into practice advanced analytics techniques to uncover insights that lead to strategic decisions. (e.g. Classification, Association, Outlier detection, Clustering, Regression, Prediction)
- 3+ years of leading & managing a team.
- Familiar working in cloud based environments similar to snowflake, bigquery, azure & redshift
- Understand data warehouse concepts & design.
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Domo etc)
- Lead by example - design, develop, & deliver quality solutions.
- Familiarity with the ad-tech industry a plus
- Bachelors Degree or higher with a business / quantitative focus, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- You have a high level of energy, enthusiasm, & commitment to performance & learning new skills.