Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Industrial Designer who will work with the design team Director on developing new products for Casper Sleep.
The Senior Industrial Designer will create original designs that solve customer pain points & will be responsible for creating innovative concepts, iterating on physical prototypes, & delivering ready-to-manufacture specs for upcoming products.
They will use their tangible ID skills like sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, & presenting to help better communicate Caspers brand point of view through a strong end-user-experience lens. This will consist of product, trend, material, & potential customer research within the sleep industry. Outside of self initiated research they will be guided by their own sense of curiosity, innate & refined design sensibilities which are byproducts of their considerable Industrial Design experience.
Design work at Casper Sleep is just as much about learning the tradition & nuance of mattress design as it is about pushing the boundaries of what is possible in other sleep categories. It is about learning the design language of Casper products & building up on & helping grow the aesthetic ethos of the brand.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
This is a hybrid role requiring 2-3 days per week at our Industry City, Brooklyn lab.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Design from ideation to launch, working cross-functionally with internal & external stakeholders
- Create highly detailed technical specifications of products designed for ease of manufacturing, cost, & functional constraints
- Conduct customer, competitor, need-finding, & trend research to inform product design
- Participate in brainstorming to inspire innovative products & new features
- Help product development team evaluate samples & prepare comments to vendors & factories
- Help source materials & construct physical prototypes when & if necessary
- Build 2D & 3D CAD models of new products & solicit rapid feedback
- Work with product design engineers to ensure quality procedures & standards
Our dream candidate is...
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in industrial design or product design
- Proficiency in CAD (e.g., Solidworks / keyshot) & Adobe Suite (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Excellent written & verbal communication with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent project management, analytical, & organizational skills
- Ability to assess aesthetics & quality of home goods products
- Team-player, hard-working, organized, & goal-oriented
- Experience in full product lifecycle (ideation to mass production)
- Experience in designing consumer products, furniture, or home goods
- Experience with textiles or soft goods designs
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.