WHO WE ARE
The Cut, a New York Magazine site, is home to the conversations that matter most to women today from politics & intersectional feminism to work, money, relationships, mental health & sex & forward-thinking coverage of fashion and style.
The Cut is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
New York Magazine obsessively chronicles the ideas, people, & cultural events that are forever reshaping our world. The New York brand includes the groundbreaking magazine New York, which is published biweekly in print, & six thriving verticals: Intelligencer, delivering national news & sharp commentary on politics, business, technology, & media; the Cut, covering the conversations that matter most to women today; Vulture, the premier destination for culture news, criticism, & service; the Strategist, dedicated to shopping the internet smartly; Curbed, covering cities & city life; & Grub Street, home to food news & authoritative restaurant criticism.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
The Cut is looking for an e-commerce writer/editor to assist in driving market & shopping coverage across its digital platforms, editing & commissioning original articles, listicles, & galleries. This position will report to Lindsay Peoples, the Editor in Chief, & Joanna Nikas, Deputy Style Editor & work alongside Bianca Nieves, Senior Shopping Editor.
- Work closely with the Ecommerce team & partnership teams, as well as editors to drive The Cuts e-commerce strategies & sales based on keyword optimization, affiliate relationships, & a deep understanding of market trends
- Identify trends (both in the market & in shopping behavior) & unearth potential growth areas
- Track performance & test new theories to increase our content's value to consumers
- Co-lead the shopping teams strategy for large-scale e-commerce moments like Amazon Prime Day & Cyber Monday
- Maintain a network of freelance writers
- Assign & edit freelance work
- Write quick, fun, fresh stories with a robust & engaging voice
- Monitor traffic & other analytics to understand what coverage is working & adapt quickly when it isn't
- Develop a deep knowledge of the reader's consumer habits
- Contribute ideas & content for brand extensions such as social media, newsletter, video, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of professional experience at a digital media brand, preferably in the women's fashion & lifestyle space; experience producing content to generate affiliate revenue is a plus
- Ability to write fast, clean copy with a fun voice
- Deep market knowledge of women's fashion as well as gifts & lifestyle market
- Experience balancing many different factorsfrom SEO & affiliate revenue to traffic & aestheticsto optimize online content
- Investment in the overall success of The Cut
- Sharp eye for news & emerging trends
- Understanding of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Looker, & others
- Bachelor's degree
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is based in NYC. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Company & The NewsGuild of New York, CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum & maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills & experience.