Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
Do you want to be part of a team thats securing the financial integrity of a rapidly growing eSports platform? Are you someone with an eye for detail that is interested in preventing fraudulent activity? Do you like testing apps & playing games as part of your job? Were looking for someone with strong investigative skills who is passionate about ensuring our players are receiving their winnings in a timely manner.
What You Will Do:
- Assess user withdrawals from account balance & detect anomalies in player behavior
- Use data to make informed decisions regarding suspicious accounts
- Support fellow team members by providing detailed information regarding payment transactions
- Identify & escalate issues/bugs as needed to appropriate party
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Trust & Safety team
- 1 + years of support experience
- Experience working with a helpdesk ticketing system
- High attention to detail
- Mature & self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Effective Collaborator - Works well with teammates & contributes ideas for team growth
- Willingness to work weekends
- Experience with payments, fraud and/or risk prevention is a plus
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote & eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas or Portland area. Attendance in office will be required when safe to do so.
Hourly pay: $14-16/hr
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.