Operations Engineer II, TechOps
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
Taking place as a branch of the TechOps division, the support team is the technical focal point of all the technical teams. While performing the operation & monitoring duties, the operation engineer is the know it all tech-savvy that is in charge of DoubleVerifys environments.
- Operating & maintaining DoubleVerify's applications, servers, & network.
- Monitoring & administering Linux & Windows systems. Taking appropriate actions on system alerts based on standard operating procedure.
- Troubleshooting & resolving issues related to application development & deployment.
- Troubleshooting & resolving issues using SQL queries.
- Maintenance of technical documentation (Internal Support team), processes & procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge & skills in network & system administration, particularly with regards to DoubleVerify's own architecture & platforms.
- Participation in 24/7/365 on-call rotation.
- 3+ years Experience with monitoring systems & management tools (ex: Nagios)
- Basic understanding of SQL
- 3+ years Windows/Linux administration skills (IIS and/or Apache configuration)
- 3+ years Experience working with Virtualization (VMWare)
- Familiarity with cloud computing (GCP, AWS)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, excellent social skills
- Customer service oriented (inbound)
- Ability to work independently & in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills to drive resolution from beginning to end
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Previous experience with technical documentation
- Experience with Kubernetes \ Kafka
- Familiarity with orchestration & containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with scripting languages like Python & Bash
- Experience with automation/configuration management including Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience with Dashboards including Splunk, Grafana & Jira
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, & balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between $69,000 - $137,000. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, & benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.
Dont meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women & people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At DoubleVerify we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace, so if youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!