Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate Director, Data Team Operations to join our Data team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
As a health insurer, we have unique insight into the flow of information through the healthcare system. Oscars data team is responsible for ensuring that we leverage this unique informational advantage throughout our organization. From disease modeling to risk management to provider contracting to consumer transparency, we want to use data & analytics to change the way the healthcare system works.
We need someone to help run this team & set up the operations & processes necessary to make sure that it functions at its full potential. In this role youll partner with the head of Data & other operational leaders across the organization to run, scale, & operationalize the business more effectively.
Own key projects & operations
- Make Oscar more data driven by ensuring the right processes are in place to ensure data access, KPI measurement & accountability throughout the company
- Drive departmental efficiencies through process improvements
- Undertake ad-hoc projects
Manage critical department processes
- Supervise all change management related to organizational redesign & transformations inclusive of all implementation & communication plans
- Aggregate, evaluate & track functional vitals & KPIs
- Create department budget & monitor ongoing usage for all subdivisions
Build the data operations team
- Manage two program managers who will drive execution of key initiatives & scale the team as necessary
- Manage department EA & other teams during leader transitions, as necessary
Support better business decisions to drive impactful outcomes
- Provide leverage by ranking competing priorities & creating decision-making frameworks & allocating critical tasks
- Build comprehensive understanding of department functions & assist with organizational design
Oversee employee lifecycle within department (managing headcount planning, reviewing new hire onboarding plans, intern allocation & oversight, running annual performance evaluation logistics, creating Glint synthesis)
- Provide program leadership on critical cross-functional efforts
- BA/BS Degree required
- 7+ years of work experience, & proven track record of performance within a rapidly scaling organization. 3+ years of management experience is preferred
- Proven experience supporting executive level management & driving interdepartmental collaboration
- Strong problem-solving skills & demonstrated ability to take initiative & critically analyze processes & procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Ability to prioritize, lead discussions & coordinate objectives among a diversified group of stakeholders
- Excellent oral & written communication skills. Ability to articulate & explain complex issues to various individuals in different functioning roles
- Organized, detail oriented & extremely thorough while having the confidence & communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately & effectively
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups
- Not afraid of technical problems. You may not solve it yourself, but you get to a threshold level of understanding
- Experience working within a technology organization, ideally on an analytics or data science team.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.