Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded finance enthusiast to join the FP&A team. The FP&A Analyst will assist with regular forecasting, budgeting process, cross-functional analysis & special strategic projects. Additionally, the Analyst will help develop & leverage technology to identify & track KPIs & generate key reporting packages. As the firm continually builds-out & refines its financial planning infrastructure, this individual will be key in driving & maintaining new processes. The ideal candidate isnt afraid to build something from scratch, takes pride in their work & operates well in whitespace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting & enhancing company-wide monthly & quarterly forecasting process, including the development of corporate targets
- Partnering with key stakeholders to develop & maintain departmental budgets & appropriate metrics to measure success
- Building out dashboards & scalable reports to track KPIs & summarize Betters financial condition to highlight key trends & target variances
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Directors, prospective investors & other external parties
- Participating in cross-functional work to evaluate strategic initiatives & associated financial impacts & help to incorporate into financial plans
- Helping with any ad-hoc analyses & strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- 1-2 years of functional experience in an FP&A, investment banking or corporate finance role
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Proficient in financial modeling & creating presentation materials
- Strong leadership with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
- Ability to think creatively on a macro & micro level
- Humble, highly driven & detail-oriented
- Passionate about blending technology & finance
- Knowledge of SQL & Tableau is a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.