Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pures largest to date & our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes & containers.
Press Release - September 16, 2020
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Our 'Sales Operations Director, Cloud Native Business Unit' will align closely with Vice President of Portworx Sales in development & execution of the overall Portworx sales strategy. This includes working directly with Portworx Sales Team & Sales Operations leadership as well as cross functionally across Marketing & the Cloud Business Unit. This role will analyze & measure all aspects of Portworx business, develop sales programs to pursue incremental revenue streams, & engage directly with the field teams to drive execution of programs. The DSO will work with the Sales VP to drive the cadence of the business through forecast & pipeline reviews. This is a fast-paced & constantly evolving sales environment that requires excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task & work under & towards a deadline. The DSO will possess superb analytical skills & the ability to work as a team, not only with the Sales leaders & their colleagues but also cross-functionally across the organization.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work directly with Sr. Director, Functional Sales Operations & Sales Leadership to execute on strategic priorities & achieve sales goals by providing timely sales analytics including pipeline analysis, forecasting & sales results.
- Develop & evolve the Portworx tool stack & operational processes to rapidly integrate with core businesses models while preserving the differentiation required to achieve growth targets.
- Pro-actively identify issues & solutions to drive performance & productivity across the sales teams.
- Build & execute on standard weekly, monthly & quarterly operational cadence utilizing key metrics to drive forecast accuracy, measure key initiatives & identify areas of opportunity.
- Engage directly with sales leaders & field sales teams to drive execution of sales programs
- Support Portworx leadership in creation of internal content/presentations to articulate business strategy, challenges, opportunities, & results
- Drive annual sales planning processes with a focus on target setting & the creation sales coverage models
- Assist sales team with reporting & processing through internal systems & processes (e.g. Salesforce.com).
- Assist sales team with deal structuring to ensure best value for the company while maximizing quota attainment.
- Work closely with Theater Operations to share knowledge, best practices & facilitate standardization across the whole sales organization.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies & procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years Sales Operations experience in the technology industry preferably with experience in a SaaS company or with as-a-service offerings
- Bachelors degree in business or finance (MBA preferred)
- SalesForce & Tableau experience preferred
- Excellently demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellently demonstrated Excel skills
- Excellently demonstrated PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to effectively engage with executives
- Must have a can do attitude & have an internal strong sense of urgency
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.