Help Shape the Future of Fintech in the Global Alternative Investment Space:
iCapital is transforming investing in private equity, private credit, real estate, hedge funds, & structured investments by removing the roadblocks that have prevented greater participation in these private strategies. Join the FinTech company that is disrupting how individuals invest in private capital markets.
Let us invest in you - apply to our internship program.
From day one, you will be considered a key member of the iCapital team as you participate in a program where you will make meaningful contributions to our company & get a chance to potentially jumpstart your career with us after graduation.
Key features of our program:
- A systematic & robust three-tier mentoring program with each candidate receiving individual peer, department manager, & executive-level coaching.
- Exclusive access to the AltsEdge Certificate Program, our award-winning alternative investments education curriculum for wealth managers.
- Regular iLearn seminars & platforms demos where you will learn the latest about our products.
- Transparent company culture that brings you along with insight & connectivity to our high-level company goals.
- An intern-driven team project culminating in an end-of-summer presentation to senior management.
- Access to our proprietary iLearn seminars that provide career development guidance.
How we have fun while we work:
- Outings with iCapital team members & fellow interns to build friendships & grow your network.
- Weekly rotating team projects to keep you in touch with your peers.
- Corporate culture & volunteer activities in support of the communities where we live & work.
- Rooftop Happy Hours showcasing our impressive views of NYC.
About Platform Engineering at iCapital:
Our Product & Technology department includes multiple teams dedicated to creating an industry-leading platform that manages the full life cycle of alternative investments. The Platform Engineering team delivers enterprise-grade software & infrastructure solutions that meet the needs of the business, our clients, & is built with quality, & information & data integrity.
As part of the Platform Engineering team, some areas of responsibility may include:
- Working with the investments management group on the key workflows needed for external & internal users to support investments creation, review, & approval.
- Supporting fund administration/operations in solving fun & complex problems of our Private Equity & Hedge Fund finance desks.
- Participating in portfolio analytics projects that provides industry leading quantitative analytics to help CIOs, researchers, & advisors better manage their portfolios & utilize alternative assets.
- Contributing to our data science team in building a service layer that is used to transform static documents by utilizing advanced AI/ML/OCR/NLP capabilities.
- Working on components with a focus on developer-friendly APIs, accessibility, & responsive web.
- Helping to create a consistent, user-friendly, & scalable platform.
The ideal candidate is...
- Experienced with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed & parallel systems, data structures, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large systems or security software development
- Possesses a solid understanding of Agile development, object-oriented design, & programming languages
- Able to provide code examples of production ready code
- Highly inquisitive, collaborative, & a creative problem solver
- Possesses foundational knowledge of and/or genuine interest in financial markets
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to take on new responsibilities & be detail oriented
- Technologically savvy & proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- A rising junior or senior in a U.S. college/university bachelors degree program
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States*
*We are not able to offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program.
Candidate Selection Process:
Positions are limited so apply early!
- September/October: Rolling resume review & first round interview selection
- October/November: Second round interviews
iCapital in the Press:
We are at the vanguard of using technology to democratize investing in alternatives, but dont take our word for it. Here is what others are saying about us:
- Five consecutive years on the Forbes Fintech 50 list, which highlights the most innovative private companies in personal finance, investing payments & crypto assets.
- Back-to-back selection to Forbes Best Startup Employers List.
- Two-time winner of the Money Management Institute/Barrons Solutions Provider of the Year.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.