We are looking for an experienced & motivated Director of Corporate Accounting to join our Accounting & Finance team at Peloton. This position will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team & oversee the teams responsible for the accounting of real estate, capital projects, debt & equity as well as all corporate functions. The candidate will be responsible for designing & executing scalable policies, processes & systems that address risk management & efficient transaction processing, while ensuring accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
The Director will possess excellent communication & relationship building skills as they work across the organization. This position will report to the Chief Accounting Officer at Pelotons HQ in New York. The Director will work on multiple projects at once & be responsible for developing & maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Director may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed.
- Oversee & add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding the accounting of all intercompany transactions, as well as the design, implementation & execution of scalable & effective systems & processes.
- Partner closely with various corporate functions, ensuring that business needs are met while ensuring efficiency & accuracy of accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Leverage experience & knowledge to assist with the design, implementation & execution of scalable, efficient & GAAP compliant processes & related systems, including the consideration of RPAs.
- Manage all aspects of the month end close process as it pertains to the corporate accounting teams.
- Ensure compliance with SOX in all processes of the corporate accounting teams.
- Act as a key team leader, foster a growth & innovation mindset & work to build a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
- Proactively participate in the management the overall accounting & finance department as a key leader on the accounting team.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license in good standing
- 7+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies.
- Must have a strong understanding & application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding intercompany transactions, including:
- Experience supporting the netting & settlement of intercompany transaction invoices
- Manage the process for transaction level matching, reconciliation, & elimination, including clearing of original balances post-settlement of intercompany transactions
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication & an ability to lead through influence
- Must possess knowledge & experience regarding the effective financial system design & configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing & internationally expanding organization.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Manage the process for transaction level matching, reconciliation, & elimination, including clearing of original balances post-settlement of intercompany transactions, with RPA experience preferred
- Ability to assist with calculation & documentation of corporate allocations & centralized service charges
- Through prior experience, recommend & implement process improvements for the overall team & drives consistency & standardization to process & procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization. Ability to effectively communicate clear & concise ideas both verbally & in writing,
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify & prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure & effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands & appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.