Minimum Experience: 5+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses & governments know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, & brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & have raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're passionate about building high quality mobile apps that address users problems. You have built apps in Android / iOS or React Native. You can leverage the latest mobile features & tools to drive customer impact. You have a desire to continuously improve the applications you work on & how you work. You have strong experience in automated testing: unit test / integration / functional (experience with TDD is a big plus). Youre eager to move across languages & tech boundaries. You enjoy sharing your knowledge with your team, mentoring other engineers, & learning from others. Youre always thinking about ways to deliver better software as a team.
The mobile engineering team is looking for senior engineers who can help shape the direction of the architecture, tooling, team delivery practices. Were a small team managing the mobile apps for all of Dataminr. Were focused on building features quickly & getting them in front of customers while continuously improving our practices to deliver high-impact mobile apps. Our current agile rituals are a mix of Kanban & Scrum & theyre evolving as we grow as a team.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Contribute code to our iOS / Android / React Native apps from the get-go
- Lead the development of significant features that have an impact on our business
- Play an active role in evolving our mobile engineering practices
- Understand our technical ecosystem to be able to influence the teams technical roadmap
- Introducing new concepts & practices that improve the experience of customers & streamlines development experience.
- Identify technical areas of improvement & lead initiatives to see improvements
- Help interview potential teammates to help grow a diverse team with the right mix of skills, experience & approaches for the future
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.