At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Vice President, East is responsible for managing a third of our core Ridesharing operations & scaling our massive existing Ridesharing base across several markets; New York, D.C., Boston, Philadelphia. This executive will lead a team of General Managers & hundreds of field operations team members (both exempt & non-exempt) who are the engines of Lyfts growth, developing the strategy to continuously run their market engines at peak performance. Additionally, the Vice President, East will partner with several key executives across the company to set up new operationally-intense lines of business for success, such as Express Drive, Vehicle Services Centers. Most importantly, this executive serves as the eyes & ears of these markets, guiding Lyfts world-changing vision into these local East Coast communities.
We are looking for a seasoned executive who is both an operator & strategist with a track record of building & scaling businesses & operational teams in the field driving real-world interactions with customers across multiple markets & regions. Additionally, this executive will also have been influential in scaling through a period of true growth, growing operational teams from early stages into hundreds or hundreds into thousands in size.
A strong developer of people, the candidate will have a non-stop builder mentality focused on motivating teams & individuals with opportunities to lead, take ownership. This leader will also be known for cultivating & strengthening relationships with remote teams & cross-functional partners across various locations.
The Vice President, East will be based in Lyfts New York City office, reporting to the VP of Global Operations. This executive will be expected to travel 8-12 days per month to various markets within their region.
- Lead & manage 4 GMs & their local field teams across the East Region, driving in-market operations to help Lyft achieve its overall Ridesharing growth goals in highly competitive markets (New York City, Washington D.C., Boston, & Philadelphia)
- Leverage our local presence to create & win market opportunities for Lyft Business, Marketing, Partnerships, Express Drive, Vehicle Service Centers, Driver Centers, Airport Operations
- Expand the 300+ person field organization that operates daily our core Ridesharing business & newly launched businesses, Express Drive, Vehicle Service Centers
- Regularly engage directly with C-suite & multiple VPs leading other businesses within Lyft to create solutions & drive business decisions
- Work closely with the Growth Operations team to deliver market & field-based inputs to our Growth & Product partners & help drive regional booking & revenue goals
- Partnering with the Government Relations & Driver Relations team & Driver Advisory Councils
- Influence & direct cross-functional partners to ensure that GMs & their field teams continuously work to deliver on hitting overall company targets: acquisition & engagement growth levers, B2B sales, fleet growth, events, brand & marketing campaigns, pricing, product, etc.
- Synthesize market feedback for broader operations, product, marketing, customer experience, & other business unit teams
- Lead cross-market strategic planning & identify opportunities, capture value while constantly validating with market insights & data
Experience & Skills:
- 12+ years of senior operational management experience, including several years building & managing teams that deliver real-world interactions with consumer customers in the field from the ground up
- Led a consumer company/business unit that has either bounced back from being disrupted by competitors or has been the significant disrupter (at scale)
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, & staffing large-scale, multi-location operations or service teams in the field - must have experience managing hourly & non-exempt workers
- Addition experience in analytics, finance, military service, management consulting ideal, though not required
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, & drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data & metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Well-versed in making quick, data-based decisions with imperfect amounts of information; demonstrated track record in making quantitative decision-making
- Comfortable working within matrixed organizations & pulling in thought leaders from both internal & external resources to foster knowledge & expertise for their teams
- A talent magnet who has previously built or rebuilt large field teams
- A culture builder who understands & lives & breathes the importance & value of diversity across all its dimensions
- An inspirational leader who can influence & affect change regardless of proximity to key constituents
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to Lyfts mission & core values