About the Role
The Localization Project Manager will work with teams across the company to ship high quality localized content in over 25 languages to 450K+ WeWork members across 450+ office locations, in 100+ cities, & in 30+ countries.
The Localization Project Manager will manage the localization production of a set of WeWork products, features, & campaigns, working directly with teams to ship the best localized experience to our members worldwide. The Project Manager will also own, create, & drive localization initiatives & processes in order to support localization at WeWork at scale.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Marketing, & Design to coordinate localization of new product/feature launches, marketing releases, & new language launches
- Manage day-to-day translation projects from project inception through completion, to final delivery
- Provide expert support to internal stakeholders on Localization best practices & processes via ongoing education initiatives & as ad-hoc consultants
- Administer linguistic QA projects including creating, planning, & executing test plans & owning bug management
- Manage vendor relationships by answering linguistic queries, providing training, & general troubleshooting
- Evaluate current localization tools & processes & make suggestions for improvements
- Apply advanced localization subject matter knowledge to make strategic recommendations for the growth of this team
- Create & maintain localization checklists to track & report on localization progress
- Manage localization specialists, promoting creativity & providing guidance
- Oversee the quality of all translated content
- 5+ years Project Management experience (3+ years directly in Localization)
- Detail-oriented & organized self-starter with a track record of juggling & prioritizing multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to balance multiple cross-functional stakeholders with varying needs of complexity
- Ability to balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals & collaborating with other team members
- Flexibility to deal with frequent changes, delays, interruptions, & unexpected events
- Familiarity with CAT (Computer-Aided Translation) & Translation Management tools
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex & highly scalable web applications
- Coaching & management experience
WeWork is the platform for creators. We provide beautiful workspace, an inspiring community, & meaningful business services to tens of thousands of members around the world. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. WeWork members are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, & startups, to artists, small businesses & even divisions of large corporations. Beyond providing workspace for our members, we actively look for opportunity to provide services & experiences to foster an engaged & growing community of creators. We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.