As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to be part of the Security Engineering team at Visa where you will bebuilding & engineering security products utilizing some awesome technology like Rust, Go, Functional Programming, & much more! You will be joining a team of experienced security engineers, as well as world class researchers & experts in the areas of software engineering, artificial intelligence, cryptography, & other related fields to build technologies necessaryto secure Visa's core infrastructure & assets.
- Software Engineer first:Build, design, engineer, & develop software & services that deliver security functionality & improve security efficiency & capabilities through automation.The candidate needs to possess software engineering skills that allow them to build new capabilities & solutions vs. simply integratingan existing open source platform or operating a vendor solution.
- Security philosophy:Refactor & optimize existing code using more robust type-safe & memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping & parallel processing frameworks.Create requirement & design documents that account for security risks in new or existing systems with architectures to mitigate them within risk appetite.
- Performance: Engineering of products & services while accounting for computability & complexity (e.g. NP-complete problems) & security architecture (e.g. memory, cache, deadlocks, etc.)
- R&D: Develop prototypes & algorithms (e.g. searching, sorting, optimization, dynamic programming) while performing data engineering tasks around aggregation & data synthetization from a multitude of structured & unstructured data sources.Research & develop security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions.
- Presentation skills:Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research & analysis skills.Assist in shaping overall direction, life-cycle management, & leadership for Information Security architecture & technology related to Visa.
The candidate must possess strong software engineering skills as the key primary with an appreciation for immutability, functional programming, & static typing.
- Experience: Minimum of 2years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree oran Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, PhD)
- Software Engineering:The candidate must have software development background in functional or object oriented programming languages.Ideal candidate has written at least 1000+ lines of code in a professional or academic setting in any functional/OOPs languages.
- Familiarity with common software development tooling
- Knowledge of programming language theory, type system, & abstraction techniques
- Experience:Experience where you created or maintained a project or a major component.
- Languages:Software Development, Programming, & debugging using Golang orPython orC++ or Rust
- Scalable systems: Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus along with experience to working on large datasets.
- Research to code:Should possess ability to quickly & effectively turn conceptual or academic research into workingcode.
- Machine / Deep Learning:Knowledge of common ML frameworks & libraries like Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn is a plus including ability toutilizeinformation retrieval, data analytics, & statistical modeling techniques to build new or enhance existing machine learning or deep learning models.
- Data structures & algorithms knowledge
- Network, System, & Solution Architecture background
- Knowledge of Server-client modeling, including MVC architecture
- Familiarity with Git & Unix/Linux commands
- API integration, analysis, modeling, & visualization of data
- Independent, self-disciplined, self-motivated, & intellectually curious
- Knowledge of security related concepts
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for 0-5% of time for work related travel.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.