The Automation Technician is responsible for assessing technical problems in all areas of the facility & implementing a vetted-out solution in a timely fashion. This position requires a motivated, customer focused individual that is a highly effective trouble-shooter & solution provider. The individual will provide the highest level of in-house support. Further, this position will require people who are highly successful at working as part of a team. It will be necessary for them to partner with internal & external resources to be successful.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose & repair electrical systems
- Identify problem root cause by observing mechanical systems & devices in operation; listening for problems & using precision measuring & electrical testing instrumentation & other troubleshooting methods
- Provide maintenance break/fix support for automation related issues, & work with Automation Engineers on equipment repair & improvements
- Serve as automation & controls subject matter expert on local project teams. Provide training to operations & other groups as needed
- Serve as a high level technical support resource for complex automation & electrical issues
- Redline all Automation related programs & documentation including PLC programs, HMI programs, electrical drawings, P&IDs, pin charts, functional analyses, sequence of operations, etc.
- Assist with other plant or department members in developing & championing programs & projects as required
- Continually seek out best practices & share with the organization
- Share of general knowledge within facility & organizational peer groups
- Follow Chobani safety & GMP procedures & practices
The requirements of this position include:
- 3-5 years of electrical, PLC & instrumentation experience working in an industrial facility
- Associates degree in the field of controls/automation or related preferred
- Knowledge of PLC systems troubleshooting, & programming specifically focused on Allen Bradley PLC
- General knowledge of HMI systems focused on Rockwell Factory Talk View ME/SE
- Broad knowledge of automation & electrical devices & equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of personal computers & windows operating systems
- Ability to use electrical diagrams, process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation diagrams
- Ability to effectively cooperate with personnel of different backgrounds & skill level
- Ability to train & transfer knowledge to others
- Strong ability to create & maintain relevant documentation
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks given time constraints & ensure tasks are executed completely
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.