ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & an affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & an affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Youll help us refocus & revitalise our legacy admin tooling systems by converging technology & building a better platform. Youll push forward our Customer Support tooling capabilities & increase the ability to respond to our customers with timely, accurate information. Youll maintain our tooling platform, being responsible for upgrading it & using an inner-sourcing model with the ability to have other teams submit & release their own tooling.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
You are a significant & autonomous contributor. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies & best practices. You work with your team to invent, design & build software that is stable & performant. You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches & know when it is appropriate to use them & when it is not. Your solutions are pragmatic. You consider the legacy of the code you produce & write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand. You limit the use of short-term workarounds. You do things with the proper level of complexity the first time (or at least minimise incidental complexity). You create flexible software without over-engineering. You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, & are judicious about introducing dependencies. You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc).
- You work in project ideas with customers, stakeholders, & peers.
- You write simple & extendable code following standards & best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You help balance customer requirements with the team requirements.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, & ticket/metric/COE reviews.
- You take on projects & make software enhancements that improve the team software & processes.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better & easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You help recruit, interview & on-board for your team.
- You estimate stories/tasks accurately & deliver them in time.
- You mentor & help to develop others.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support.
- Most importantly, you are; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied & always challenging the norm.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Supporting our legacy Content applications built in Java, PHP, Python, Node.js & React.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, & drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence & best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products & services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply & successfully, to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines & stakeholders.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.